Friday, January 18, 2013

Bennett's Words at 18 months

I've kept a list of all the words Bennett can say ever since he started talking.  He can mimic words like crazy if we tell him to say something, but I only count it as a "real" word and put it on the list if he uses it on his own at the appropriate time.  Obviously he doesn't pronounce everything perfectly but who does at 18 months?

Anyway, Bennett has his 18 month doctor visit on Monday so I am taking his list of words.  Just in case the doctor doesn't believe me when he asks how many words Bennett can say :)  I thought I'd list them here in case anyone else is interested in seeing what words Bennett knows.  They're listed in the approximate order in which he learned them.

So here are Bennett's 42 words/phrases.  42 words. . .and "momma" is NOT one of them.  Rude!! 

hi
lights
Dada
uh-oh
thank you
no
bye-bye
all done
puppy
here you go
ball
treat
please
amen
hello
this
cheese
wow
baby
pee-pee
Bennett
where is it
outside
Red
Pocket
lotion (rub-rub)
more
off
bubble
down
pray
Ellie
boo!
where'd it go
apple
sit
trash
shoes
stairs
Lydia
Nana
again


Final

5 comments:

Sandy said...

YAY! I made this list! Awesome!

Lacee said...

You and I will be telling our pediatricians very different stories...good job, Bennett!

Nicole said...

I read somewhere once that sometimes babies don't say mom for a long time because they don't necessarily feel like you are a different person--like you are probably just an extension of themselves. I don't know if it's true at all.

Also, I recently learned that, when we came out to Utah for Natalie's wedding, one of the cousins said, "I know Katie was born in Pennsylvania, but where is her accent from?" He assumed that, since he couldn't understand her, she must just have a really thick accent. Way to go Bennett!

Jordan & Rhonda said...

I am amazed by all that he can say. He is such a smart little guy and we love him.

Lis said...

Smart little guy like his parents!